Comparative Effectiveness of Novel Pharmacologic and Evidence-based Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Migraine Prevention PFA - Cycle 3 2021
- Are comparators aimed at preventing associated symptoms of migraines (such as recurrent gastrointestinal disturbance, benign paroxysmal vertigo, and benign paroxysmal torticollis) considered appropriate and responsive to this funding opportunity?
- Are supplements and nutraceuticals "novel" pharmacological interventions?
- Does PCORI consider cannabis a "novel" pharmacologic intervention?
- May I propose a pharmacological intervention that is not FDA approved, such as off-label drug use in pediatric population?
- Will this funding opportunity accept proposals aiming to develop phone apps, instruments, etc., for the prevention of migraines?
- Is the Migraine funding opportunity only interested in CGRP comparisons?
- What if some projected research costs for my migraine tPFA submission are not covered by PCORI (e.g. cost of CGRP's) or they exceed the Migraine tPFA funding cap?