Partnerships to Conduct Research within PCORnet (PaCR) - Cycle 1 2019
In this limited PFA for Clinical Research Networks (CRNs) and Health Plan Research Networks (HPRNs), PCORI seeks to fund up to two high-quality clinical studies to answer important patient- and stakeholder-prioritized clinical comparative effectiveness research (CER) questions that remain unanswered due to insufficient or inconclusive evidence. An important aim of this PFA is to promote PCORnet sustainability through collaboration and engagement with non-PCORI co-funders in the conduct of CER and to promote greater completeness of PCORnet data through linkages of CRN electronic data with that of health plans disease registries, and other complementary data sources on individuals within CRN databases. These capabilities (attracting external funders and improving PCORnet’s capacity for data linkage are fundamental steps in building a sustainable national research infrastructure that attracts a diverse set of public and private funders of research.
- Can an institution within a CRN or HPRN that is NOT the Prime, be the Prime for this Award?
- Can a CRN or HPRN submit only one LOI, or is there a possibility to submit more than one LOI?
- Can you explain the dual PI role?
- Does the PI need to be one of the current PIs of the existing CRN or HPRN?
- Are you considering the contribution from other funders as part of the $2M in direct costs?
- How binding is the LOI budget given the short timeline? Are we going to be held to the budgets, and the justification in the LOI, or is that going to be a bit fluid for the full application?
- What if the co-funders were interested in long-term outcomes, and were prepared to pay for this study to extend beyond the PCORI-funded period which might provide the ability to get short-term outcomes?
- What is the format for submission of the LOI and the full application?
- Are you flexible about the period of performance?
- One of the key requirements for the PFA is partner funding. I did not see a place in the LOI to discuss partner funding outside of "proposed partnerships".
- Can a PI only submit one LOI?