Symptom Management for Patients with Advanced Illness PFA
This content provides additional insight specific to the Symptom Management for Patients with Advanced Illness PFA, originally released in Cycle 2 2017 and re-released in Cycle 2 2018.
- Are complementary therapies considered acceptable for this PFA?
- Does PCORI provide salary support for patients/stakeholders who are part of the study team?
- Does the funding cover costs for interventions and associated patient care costs?
- Does the $2 million include PCORI's indirect cost rate?
- Are insurers or payers considered acceptable partners?
- How are engagement efforts best described in an application?
- Is there a minimum expected sample size?
- Are there specific outcome measures of interest for this PFA?
- The funding announcement says that candidate interventions should be efficacious and/or widely used. What does that mean?
- Must There Be A Pharmacological Agent Proposed as a Comparator?
- Are the symptoms listed in the PFA the only ones that can be proposed to study?
- How is “advanced illness” defined for this PFA? Are chronic illnesses such as diabetes or hypertension potential patient populations of interest?