Optimized Multidisciplinary Treatment Programs for Nonspecific Chronic Low Back Pain – Cycle 1 2017 PFA
View questions and answers about the Optimized Multidisciplinary Treatment Programs for Nonspecific Chronic Low Back Pain – Cycle 1 2017 PFA.
- The PFA states that applications will be considered nonresponsive if the proposed research evaluates new or existing decision-support tools. Is it permissible to include such tools as part of an intervention package?
- Please distinguish between "sequence of care" and "stepped care.” Does PCORI view these as synonymous?
- The PFA specifies that multidisciplinary interventions must include “two or more disciplines who deliver care in a coordinated fashion.” Are any specific disciplines required for inclusion in each multidisciplinary intervention (e.g., physicians)?
- How is “sequenced intervention” being defined?
- This PFA allows for comparison of sequenced or combination multidisciplinary interventions. Is there a preference for either type over the other?
- Will nonrandomized controlled trials be considered if a strong rationale and alternative model for comparison are submitted?
- How much variation in the nonsurgical interventions is acceptable? Can different study sites use different approaches within the same treatment arm? How should applicants approach the issues of fidelity and intensity?
- What is the minimum recommended sample size for this PFA?
- How is "nonspecific" low back pain (LBP) being defined?