- What are the differences between Scientific Reviewers, Patient Reviewers, and other Stakeholder Reviewers?
- Does PCORI have a Standing Panelist designation for reviewers?
- Can I serve as a Reviewer if I also plan to submit an application to a PFA?
- I have the opportunity to serve on a PCORI Advisory Panel. Am I still eligible to serve as a PCORI Reviewer?
- Will applicants be able to see my reviews directly?
- Will my name be published as a Reviewer?
Becoming a Reviewer
- How does PCORI select Reviewers for each cycle?
- Can non-US residents become PCORI Reviewers?
- When will I be notified of my application status as a PCORI Reviewer?
- If I was previously accepted to the PCORI Reviewer pool, do I need to reapply to participate in future cycles?
- If I am no longer able to serve as a Reviewer for a particular cycle, what is the process for alerting PCORI?
- What if I indicated that I was available but was not assigned applications for Merit Review?
- What is PCORI’s scoring rubric?
- How do Reviewers develop the overall score and narrative?
- Are Reviewers required to identify three strengths and three weaknesses for each criterion?
- Do Patient and other Stakeholder Reviewers need to review the “Protection of Human Subjects” section?
- What is the difference between patient engagement and patient centeredness?
- How do I review a resubmission?
Online Merit Review
- Are the applications vetted before being assigned to Reviewers?
- When will I be able to access my assigned applications?
- What if I have a conflict of interest for an application that is assigned to me?
- I accidentally marked an application as having a conflict, what should I do?
- If I am in the process of reviewing an application and identify a potential issue regarding non-responsiveness, whom should I notify?
- Do I need to submit all critiques at once in PCORI Online?
In-Person Merit Review
- What should I bring to Merit Review?
- One of my assigned applications was selected for discussion at the in-person Merit Review. How do I know what the critique presentation order will be?
- After the In-Person Merit Review will I be able to revise my critique or my scores?
- What happens once the in-person Merit Review is completed?
- What do applicants receive after funding decisions have been announced?
- How does PCORI assess its Merit Review process and learn about opportunities for improvement?
- I already registered to be a Reviewer. Do I still need to register to attend the in-person Merit Review?
- I registered to attend the in-person Merit Review. How and when will I know that my hotel room is confirmed?
- Do I need to contact someone else about my transportation?
- How do I set up travel arrangements?
- Will PCORI cover travel to and from the in-person Merit Review?
- Do I need to attend the entirety of the Merit Review?