PCORI does not have minimum qualifications for the PI. However, please keep the following factors in mind when determining whether your project team has the right experience and capabilities:
- Are the investigators appropriately trained and suited to carry out the planned implementation project?
- Is the work proposed appropriate to the PI’s experience level?
- If the PI does not have patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) or implementation experience, are there appropriate collaborative arrangements with experts in PCOR or implementation?
- Does the project team include individuals with sufficient expertise in SDM, implementation science, and other relevant areas?
- Does the study team have complementary and integrated expertise?
- Are the team’s leadership approach, governance, and organizational structure appropriate for the project?