PCORI does not have minimum qualifications for the PI. However, please keep the following factors in mind when determining whether your project team has the right experience and capabilities:
- Are the investigators appropriately trained and suited to carry out the planned implementation project?
- Does the project team have the expertise and demonstrated success in moving evidence toward practical use in improving healthcare and health outcomes?
- If the investigator does not have sufficient implementation experience, are there appropriate collaborative arrangements with individuals who will bring this expertise to bear?
- Does the study team have complementary and integrated expertise?
- Are the team’s leadership approach, governance, and organizational structure appropriate for the project?