LOIs and applications will be considered nonresponsive to this funding announcement if the project:
- Proposes passive dissemination strategies (e.g., publications, presentations to heterogeneous audiences, untargeted mailings/postings).
- Proposes to develop and/or validate a new tool or system for patients and/or clinicians without the primary purpose of actively disseminating evidence. Modification or adaptation of tools and systems previously found to be effective and proposed as the primary mechanism for actively disseminating evidence will be considered, if their development is not the primary activity proposed.
- Conducts research, as opposed to disseminating research findings obtained from already completed PCORI-funded studies or products and evaluating the success of those dissemination efforts.
- Proposes to translate and/or adapt a finding (e.g., into other languages, for special populations) without actively disseminating it.
- Does not identify the specific PCORI-funded evidence that will be the basis for the dissemination initiative.