Yes. If changes to the application are required, the AO may release the application back to the PI. In order to do so, the AO should follow the below Instructions or navigate to page 56 of the Pre-Award Research Awards User Guide:
- Log into PCORI Online and navigate to the dashboard that lists the application.
- Click the icon under AO Approve/Withdraw
- A pop-up window will appear, confirming you would like to proceed with AO Approval, rejection, or withdrawal. Click ‘OK.’
- On the AO Approval / Withdraw page, read the statements at the top of the page. Then use the first drop-down menu to select ‘Yes’ in agreement with the statements above.
- Use the second drop-down menu to ‘Reject’ the submitted Application.
- When you have completed your review of the Application and entered a decision, click ‘Save.’
- When you are ready to return the Application to the PI, click ‘Review/Submit.’
- .You will be taken to a read-only view of the AO Decision. When you are ready to return the Application to the PI, click ‘Submit.’
- The External Status will be updated to ‘Draft’ and the Application will be editable for updates.
- If the status is not 'Draft' after you complete the above steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance
NOTE: If you return the application to the PI, they will need to resubmit the application to the AO, and the AO will still need to approve and submit the application prior to the deadline. The AO should need to notify the PI that an action is required on their part.