PCORI does not have minimum qualifications for the PI. However, please keep in mind the following factors when determining whether your research team has the right experience and capabilities:
- Are the investigators appropriately trained and suited to carry out the planned studies?
- Is the work proposed appropriate to the experience level of the PI?
- If the investigator does not have PCOR experience, are there appropriate collaborative arrangements with experts in PCOR?
- Does the study team have complementary and integrated expertise?
- Are the team’s leadership approach, governance, and organizational structure appropriate for the project?
- Do the PI and other research team members have a sufficiently high level to achieve the study aims as described?