PCORI does not have minimum qualifications for the PI. However, please keep in mind the following factors when determining whether your project team has the right experience and capabilities:
- Are the investigators appropriately trained and suited to carry out the planned D&I project?
- Is the work proposed appropriate to the experience level of the PI?
- If the investigator does not have PCOR and/or D&I experience, are there appropriate collaborative arrangements with experts in PCOR and/or D&I?
- Does the study team have complementary and integrated expertise?
- Are the team’s leadership approach, governance, and organizational structure appropriate for the project?
- Do the PI and other project team members have a sufficiently high level to achieve the D&I aims as described?