PCORI does not have minimum qualifications for the PI. However, please keep in mind the following factors when determining whether your project team has the right experience and capabilities:
- Are the investigators appropriately trained and suited to carry out the planned implementation project?
- Is the work proposed appropriate to PI’s experience level?
- If the investigator does not have patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) and/or implementation experience, are there appropriate collaborative arrangements with experts in PCOR and/or D&I?
- Does the study team have complementary and integrated expertise?
- Are the team’s leadership approach, governance, and organizational structure appropriate for the project?